Relocation to the U.S. from Canada

Presented here is Visa and Immigration information for those candidates who wish to relocate to the U.S. from Canada. This includes those candidates who are citizens, residents or recent immigrants to Canada.

Others should consult the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) web site directly for more information. (The USCIS is under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and was formerly known as the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS). Prior to that, it was the Immigration and Naturalization Service or INS.)

General Principles for Visa Eligibility

In the majority of cases, the candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree equivalent or higher, with an exception for TN-1. (Some straight coder/programmer jobs do not really require Bachelor’s degree to perform the job. However, most Programmer/Analyst, Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, etc. jobs will clearly meet this criterion. USCIS is the judge).
This is a general list of Visas that allow entry to the USA:

For further information or instructions, please contact USCIS direct.


Contact ADV:
Phone: 416-502-2545